Switching and Systems Laboratory
The SSL mission is to develop a theoretical understanding of switched
networks and their performance and to apply this understanding to the design and
enhancement of communications systems. The laboratory is run by Dr. Martin
SSL Research Interests
- Switching theory and routing protocols
- Optimised routing in wireless sensor networks
- Security mechanisms in wireless sensor networks
- Optical burst switching
- Adhoc networks
SSL Research Projects
- FP7 Project (2010 - 2013): ECONET - Low Energy Consumption Networks
- SFI China-Ireland Science and Technology Collaboration Research Fund 2006: Architecture and Compiler Optimization for Power Reduction in High Performance Network Processors (PIs: Dr Xiaojun Wang, Dr Martin Collier (DCU); Prof Bin Liu, Tsinghua University)
- SFI Research Frontiers 2005: “Efficient implementation of large-scale switching networks using a multistage repackable topology” (PI: Dr. Martin Collier).
- SFI China-Ireland Science and Technology Collaboration Research Fund 2004: Research on Optimized Processing in Network Processor Units for High- performance Routers (PIs: Dr Xiaojun Wang, Dr Martin Collier (DCU); Prof. Bin Liu, Tsinghua University)
SSL Research Team
- Dr. Martin Collier Senior Lecturer, School of Electronic Engineering, DCU
- Dr. Leonardo Fialho Post-doctoral Research Fellow
- Mr. Yan Li PhD researcher
- Ms. Mei Wu PhD researcher
- Mr. Mithun Reddy PhD researcher
- Dr. Amitabha Chakrabarty (PhD 2011)
- Dr. Ljiljana Adamovic (PhD 2010)
- Dr. Piotr Szczechowiak (PhD 2010)
- Dr. Sourav Mukhopadhyay Post-doctoral Research Fellow, PhD (2007, Indian Statistical Institute)
- Dr. Szymon Fedor (PhD 2008)
- Dr. Sanda Dragos (PhD 2006)
- Dr. Radu Dragos (PhD 2006)
- Dr.Kalaiarul Dharmalingam (PhD 2004)
- Dr. Karol Kowalik (PhD 2004)
- Ms. Maureen Curran (MSc 2002)
- Ratna Dutta, Sourav Mukhopadhyay and Martin Collier. "Computationally Secure Self-Healing Key Distribution with Revocation in Wireless Ad hoc Networks", AD HOC NETWORKS JOURNAL, ELSEVIER, 2010.
- A. Chakrabarty, M. Collier, Optimum Cost Multistage Symmetric Repackable Networks, International Journal on Sensors and Actuaters,IGI Global,(In press).
- A. Chakrabarty, M. Collier, And S. Mukhopadhyay, Adaptive Routing Strategy for Large Scale Rearrangeable Symmetric Networks , International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing (IJGHPC),IGI Global, 2010.
- A. Chakrabarty, M. Collier, Efficient Implementation of Symmetric Multistage Repackable Networks . Proceeding of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN-2010). IEEE Computer Society Press, 2010.
- M. Wu, M. Collier, "A Routing Algorithm for Large-scale Sensing Using Wireless Sensor Networks", CIICT 2010, 10-11 Oct 2010, Wuhan, China.
- Amitabha Chakrabarty, Martin Collier, Sourav Mukhopadhyay, “ Adaptive Routing Algorithm for Large Scale Symmetric Rearrangeable Networks.” International Journal on Grid and High Performance Computing, 2009 (to appear).
- Amitabha Chakrabarty, Martin Collier and Sourav Mukhopadhyay. "Matrix Based Nonblocking Routing Algorithm for Benes Networks". Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Future Computational Technologies and Applications (FUTURE COMPUTING 2009). November 2009 (to appear).
- Piotr Szczechowiak and Martin Collier, "TinyIBE: Identity-Based Encryption for Heterogeneous Sensor Networks", Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP 2009), December 2009
- Amitabha Chakrabarty, Martin Collier and Sourav Mukhopadhyay. "Dynamic Path Selection Algorithm for Benes Network". Proceedings of the IEEE International conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN2009). IEEE Computer Society Press, 2009.
- Mei Wu, Chanle Wu, Martin Collier. "A Three-tier Structured Model of Overlay Networks", Proceedings of the International Conference on Knowledge and Systems Engineering (KSE2009), Oct 2009.
- Piotr Szczechowiak and Martin Collier, "Practical Identity-Based Key Agreement For Secure Communication in Sensor Networks". Proceedings of IEEE 18th international Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2009). August 2009
- Szczechowiak, P., Kargl, A., Scott, M., and Collier, M. 2009, "On the application of pairing based cryptography to wireless sensor networks". Proceedings of the Second ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec '09). March 2009.
- Piotr Szczechowiak, Leonardo Oliveira, Michael Scott, Martin Collier and Ricardo Dahab, "NanoECC: Testing the Limits of Elliptic Curve Cryptography in Sensor Networks," Fifth European conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN 2008). Feb. 2008.
- Yan Li and Martin Collier, "Optical Slotted Circuit Switched Network: A Bandwidth Efficient Alternative to Wavelength-Routed Networks", SPIE Asian-Pacific Optical Communications Conference, Wuhan, China, November 2007.
- Damien O'Rourke, Szymon Fedor, Conor Brennan, Martin Collier, "Reception Region Characterisation using a 2.4GHz Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum Radio," Fourth Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNets 2007), Cork, Ireland, June 2007.
- Szymon Fedor and Martin Collier, "On the Problem of Energy Efficiency of Multi-Hop vs One-Hop Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks," 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (AINAW '07), Volume 2, pp. 380 - 385, May 2007.
Please refer to individual homepages for more detailed lists.
Switching, optimised routing, security, optical burst switching, adhoc networks