We are always interested in hearing from postgraduates interested in pursuing a research Masters or PhD with us, and postdocs with revelant expertise in any of our areas of research.
- ODCSSS (Online Dublin Computer Science Summer School) - This is a four-year collaborative summer school started by UCD and DCU. The primary goal of this school is to afford exceptional undergraduate students the opportunity to participate and contribute to exciting yet challenging research projects at leading research facilities and inspire them to go on to undertake research careers. Students who are successful in their application will be offered an internship and will be paid a tax-free scholarship. See www.odcsss.ie
Current Postgraduate and postdoctoral opportunities
The Network Innovations Centre (NIC) of the Rince Institute in Dublin City University is recruiting a PhD student and two postdoctoral research fellows to work on the energy-efficient design of wired IP networks, as part of the EU-funded ECONET Integrated Project. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECONET_Project .
Candidates should be familiar with at least of the following areas
· FPGA Design (Verilog or VHDL)
· The Linux Kernel and device driver design
· Network software (especially layer three and below)
· Embedded system design
We are seeking, in conjunction with IBM, a postdoctoral fellow to work on the design of a large-scale switching system to interconnect supercomputer subsystems. The successful candidate will be recommended to the IRCSET Enterprise Partnership Scheme . Further information available from Dr. Martin Collier.
We have a number of current positions open in the area of adaptive hypermedia - for further information please contact Dr. Gabriel-Miro Muntean.
Other Postgraduate opportunities:
- IRCSET Postgraduate Research Scholarships - We are interested in students who are interested in applying for IRCSET funding to do postgraduate research with us in any of our areas of research.
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) - DCU PhD scholarships - We offer a number of PhD scholarships which cover tuition fees for selected Chinese applicants with a PhD scholarship from CSC (http://en.csc.edu.cn/).
Other Post-doctoral fellow opportunities:
- IRCSET Post-doctoral Fellowship Scheme - We are interested in postdoctoral research who are interested in applying for IRCSET funding with us.
- Marie Curie funding - We are interested in experienced researchers who are interested in applying for Marie Curie funding with us in any of our areas of research.
Contact the relevant researcher or the centre's research officer
Dr. Olga Ormond (olga dot ormond @ eeng dot dcu dot ie).
Network Innovations Centre
Room S332, RINCE, School of Electronic Engineering,
Dublin City University, Dublin 9, IRELAND
+353 1 7005444